Friday, July 22, 2011

My Amazing Year Update :)

Five weeks back my atelier's equipment arrived to Jordan. But with  that arrival, another long awaited gift arrived; our new addition to the family; Karam.

Nine months back when KJ and I were on a trip in south Saudi Arabia we discovered we were pregnant. I don't want to talk about pregnancy and the morning sickness which turned out to be all time sickness. And don't want to talk about the aches and changes I went through, nor the miserable two days labor I went through, nor the delivery. I want to talk about this blood-stained creepy creature that came out of me whom I was longing to hold before I met him and fell in love with since the very moment he laid his head on my shoulder in the delivery room and I saw the dark blue eyes.

The other day I told KJ that if anyone thinks women wait for their babies for nine months then they are wrong. Women wait for their babies since the very doll they played with.

When I look into Karam's eyes with his hands clutching to my finger thinking of how helpless he is and depending  on me totally. This idea freaks the hell out of me. Who am I to be someone to depend on in everything? Now that my world revolve around him, I feel I am the one who's depending on him. My timing, my activities, and my everything,when to shower, when to eat, all about him.

The feeling that half of this baby is me and he was growing inside of me is so unexplained.

Yesterday, we celebrated my sweet little boy becoming one month old. Tomorrow we're celebrating KJ's and I first anniversary It's unbelievable how one's life can change within a year. I got married, lived in three different countries, went to more than 6 different cities, gave birth, and experienced many firsts. I guess that's life and that's why I'm still the simple girl with complicated thoughts and have lots of things to learn.

That's all for now
Can't wait to live the rest

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Wayne said...

Dear Attawie,

Congratulations on the birth of your first child. It has been 50 years since my last son was born. We still love him as much as we did back then. Sure hope he lives a happy and pleasant life.

7/22/2011 5:36 AM  
Blogger David said...

Congratulations Attawie! :D

A while back when you said you had a secret, I thought maybe you were pregnant. I am happy for you, KJ, and little Karam!

I am curious, does his name have a special meaning?

I will look forward to reading your updates on his progress. :)

Take care.

7/24/2011 6:35 AM  
Blogger Khalid said...

I hope, that all our coming years will be full of pleasant surprised,and just like the Karroomi had to rest his head on your shoulder, my shoulder is always there for you:)

7/31/2011 11:49 AM  
Anonymous دردشة عراقية said...

مدونة رائعة وتسلم ايدك بخصوص ضئ اوطاني بالعربي الرابط مالتها مايفتح
واتمنى تشرفونا بمواقعنا
دردشة عراقية
دردشة عراقنا

8/03/2011 11:35 PM  
Anonymous moonlight said...

Alf alf mabrook ya um Karam i am so happy to hear this and hope little Karam is doing well!:)
بارك الله لك في الموهوب لك و شكرت الواهب وبلغ أشده ورزقت بره

8/05/2011 9:17 AM  
Blogger زهرة الراوي said...

توتة هاي وين؟؟
كلما أدز رسالة لكوكب ألكيج رحتي لغيره .. تاليها جنتي بالمريخ شوكت ترجعين دنحجي وياج نعرف أخبارج؟؟
حني علينا بمسج عيني
شلون صار كرومي؟ أكيد حنفش ودنفش حياتي
سلام من صالح وسمسم
وبوسات لكرومي

10/09/2011 2:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


شات عراقنا
دردشة عراقنا
جات عراقنا
عراقنا
شات كيكه
جات
دردشة عبدالله
شات العراق

10/20/2012 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home