Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back to Life

Atta: My blog seems dead.
KJ: Blogging is dead.

I miss blogging. I miss sharing. I miss how I look at my life and write events or write down my thoughts. Blame it on laziness. Blame it on internet connection. But the main reason I was busy.

Our weddings was very simple at The Palace hall, Holiday International Hotel. It was floor 12 or 14 and the hotel is located on the edge of Khalid lagoon, overlooking the beautiful corniche. We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights and than flied to Amman. Spent about a month but KJ had to report to office and my residency was not ready yet. I stayed with my in-laws and because we applied my visa when I was still in UAE so I had to go back to Dubai and then join KJ in KSA.

The Saudi embassy took the entire week before Eid off. Fortunately, I got to spend two weeks with my family and was able to seem some friends.

On September 19th, I flied to Jeddah. I was surprised. It's not like what I pictured in mind. Certain aspects are great but I expected other things to be better. (planning to post photos when possible inshallah)

The first month we were busy furnishing our home and now we're busying figuring out how to maintain a home!

We've been spending each weekend in a city and we skipped it this time because we spent the entire week visiting two cities in the south. KJ had work their and it was a good opportunity to see his birth-town and meet his aunt's family.

The amazing thing about living in KSA is getting the chance to visit the Ka3ba and do 3omra. and visiting the mosque of the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

That's all for now
I'll write you more from Jeddah

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Wayne said...

It is great to hear from you Attawie. Congratulations on your mariage. I wish you a life of joy, peace and love.

Thank you very much for keeping us informed.

11/01/2010 5:40 AM  
Blogger David said...

Hi Attawie,

It sounds like things are going well for you and that you are happy.

I'm sure that Saudi Arabia has many things and places that will be of interest to you. However, as your friend, I would advise you to be cautious. I don't know how female visitors are treated in SA, but I do know that Saudi women have very few rights. You are very intelligent, well educated, and used to a high degree of freedom. So, please be careful.

I don't mean to "rain on your parade", as an old saying goes, but I do care about your happiness and wellbeing.

Take care and keep us posted. :)

11/04/2010 8:40 PM  
Blogger Sana said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/12/2010 4:06 PM  
Blogger Sana said...

Hey sis,
Check the new look of my blog, Well your blog really looks dead, specially with the black color.. Check mine, i added live fish in it.. Miss ya

11/12/2010 4:06 PM

11/12/2010 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home